The Modelling Seminar takes place every year at the end of the summer term by the Chair of Scientific Computing. The seminar includes a preparation time of approximately 3 months and a final modelling week outside of the university.
Supervisor: Maximilian Bauer (Scientific Computing), Thomas Rau (Scientific Computing)
Next seminar: 2. Modelling Week at the end of summer term 2020
Preliminary meeting/topic assignment: tba
- May: Topic assignment
- 1 June - 31 August: Literature research and preparation by students
- Second half of September: Modelling week
- Four weeks later: Deadline for written reports
Students receive real-world projects and work (in small groups) their way into them. Each group prepares a presentation for its subject (duration: 30 - 60 minutes) and talks about it in front of the plenum. Each group prepares and distributes a report (at least 10 pages) using a scientific text system.
- At least one module of A2 and D1
- Module C2: Practical Course on Parallel Numerical Methods
Oral presentation and written report of at least 10 pages (to be submitted not later than 4 weeks after the seminar)
- 1. Modelling Week, 2019
- 2. Modelling Week, 2020