Admission requirements for Master in Scientific Computing
Applicants for the elite master's programme Scientific Computing have to fulfil prerequisites beyond University of Bayreuth's admission requirements.
The following list illustrates what is required according to the particular regulations for this degree programme:
1. A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering science or physics (or a degree with equivalent content) and a final grade of 1,9 or better; alternatively, a certificate that shows that the degree is among the 20% best of that year.
2. Sufficient specialized knowledge in numerical mathematics of at least 16 credits.
3. Certification of proficiency in English at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference of Languages. Additionally, basic knowledge in German at level A1 is required.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A covering letter in English demonstrating the motivation of your application.
2. A certificate of your bachelor’s degree, transcript of records, and module descriptions of the study programmes, for which you bring in the credits, in German or English. Applicants who do not yet have completed their first degree at the time of preparing their application, will be considered if they submit the corresponding certificates by the end of the second semester.
3. A personal data sheet.
4. Certificates of special qualifications (such as professional education, awards, internships, scholarships, semesters abroad).
Important: All copies of the original transcripts and degrees must be authenticated as true copies of the originals with a stamp and signature by an authorized institution (i. e. German embassy, consulate, public notary). The accuracy of the attached English translation of the documents must be confirmed.
Applications have to be mailed by 15th July for the winter term and by 15th January for summer term in writing to:
Universität Bayreuth, Fakultät für Mathematik, Informatik und Physik
Eignungsausschuss Master Scientific Computing
z. Hd. Prof. Dr. Mario Bebendorf
Foreign applicants have to apply by 15th July for winter term and by 15th January for summer term by writing to:
University of Bayreuth, Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics
Eligibility Committee Master Scientific Computing
c/o Prof. Dr. Mario Bebendorf