Admission requirements for Master in Scientific Computing
Applicants for the elite master's programme Scientific Computing have to fulfil prerequisites beyond University of Bayreuth's admission requirements.
The following lists admission requirements according to the regulations for this degree programme:
1. A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering science or physics (or a degree with equivalent content) and a final grade of 1,9 or better.
2. Sufficient specialized knowledge in Numerical Mathematics with at least 16 credits. Alternatively, 6 credits are sufficient if the missing 10 credits in numerical mathematics are made up in the first year.
3. Certification of proficiency in English at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference of Languages. (For German applicants, the school-leaving certificate ("Abitur") is a sufficient proof of the required English language skills.)
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A cover letter in English demonstrating the motivation of your application.
2. A bachelor’s degree certificate, transcript of records, and module descriptions of the study programmes, for which you claim the credits (German or English). Applicants who do not yet have completed their first degree at the time of preparing their applicationwill be considered if they submit the corresponding certificates by the end of the second semester.
3. Curriculum vitae (CV).
4. Certificates of special qualifications (such as professional education, awards, internships, scholarships, semesters abroad).
Important: All copies of the original transcripts and degrees must be authenticated as true copies of the originals with a stamp and signature by an authorized institution (i. e. German embassy, consulate, public notary). The accuracy of the attached English translation of the documents must be confirmed.
A more detailed list of required documents and a link to the online application platform can be found here.
The application via CampusOnline is open from 1st March - 15th May for the following winter term and from 1st September - 15th November for the following summer term.
The application process must be completed by 15th May for the following winter term and by 15th November for the following summer term.
Some answers to frequently asked questions can be found here.
Information for international students:
International students have the possibility to apply for financial support via the International Office. Additionally, there are some jobs as student assistant available.
The International Office provides also some information and help (e.g. settlement support) for your arrival or your stay in Bayreuth, i.e. Welcome Services.