Admission requirements for Master in Scientific Computing
Applicants for the elite master's programme Scientific Computing have to fulfil prerequisites beyond University of Bayreuth's admission requirements.
The following list illustrates what is required according to the particular regulations for this degree programme:
1. A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering science or physics (or a degree with equivalent content) and a final grade of 1,9 or better.
2. Sufficient specialized knowledge in numerical mathematics of at least 16 credits.
3. Certification of proficiency in English at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference of Languages.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A covering letter in English demonstrating the motivation of your application.
2. A certificate of your bachelor’s degree, transcript of records, and module descriptions of the study programmes, for which you bring in the credits, in German or English. Applicants who do not yet have completed their first degree at the time of preparing their application, will be considered if they submit the corresponding certificates by the end of the second semester.
3. A personal data sheet.
4. Certificates of special qualifications (such as professional education, awards, internships, scholarships, semesters abroad).
Important: All copies of the original transcripts and degrees must be authenticated as true copies of the originals with a stamp and signature by an authorized institution (i. e. German embassy, consulate, public notary). The accuracy of the attached English translation of the documents must be confirmed.
Applicants have to apply via the online plattform CampusOnline of the University of Bayreuth.
The application via CampusOnline is open from 1st March - 15th May for the following winter term and from 1st September - 15th November for the following summer term.
The application process must be completed by 15th May for the following winter term and by 15th November for the following summer term.
Information for international students:
International students have the possibility to apply for financial support via the International Office. Additionally, there are some jobs as student assistant available.
The International Office provides also some information and help (e.g. settlement support) for your arrival or your stay in Bayreuth, i.e. Welcome Services.